Constitution of the HKGolden Symphony Orchestra
Section I Interpretation
For the purposes of this Constitution,
1. “HKG” shall mean the HKGolden Forum
2. "the Orchestra" shall mean the HKGolden Symphony Orchestra
3. "the Committee" shall mean the Executive Committee of the HKGolden Symphony
4. The term "General Meeting" shall include the Annual General Meeting and any
Extraordinary General Meeting of the Orchestra.
5. "Constitution" shall mean the Constitution of the HKGolden Symphony Orchestra.
6. "the Election" shall include the Annual Polling
7. If the context permits or requires, words and expressions importing the masculine
gender shall include the feminine gender. Words and expressions in the singular include
the plural and words and expressions in the plural include the singular.
Section II General
Article 1: Name
1. The name of the Orchestra shall be “HKGolden Symphony Orchestra ".
2. The name of the Orchestra in Chinese shall be香港高登交響樂團
Article 2: Purpose
The purpose of the Orchestra shall be:
1. to encourage open-mindedness, experimentation and innovation in music-making;
2. to make music in a group and promote the general welfare of the members of the
3. to promote an interest to serve the community amongst members of the Orchestra;
4. to represent the members of the Orchestra both locally and internationally.
Article 3: Orchestral Session
The Orchestral Session shall begin with the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting
and shall terminate with the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting of the following
Article 4: Management
The management of the Orchestra during the Orchestral Session shall be vested in the
Committee as elected in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.
Article 5: The Activities
1. The conductor or conductors of the Orchestra shall be a member of the Orchestra
appointed by the Committee to hold office for 1 year. The retiring conductor or
conductors shall be eligible for re-appointment. The Orche