This CONSULTING AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”), dated as of April 6, 2009 (the “Effective Date”), is
between Starbucks Corporation (d/b/a Starbucks Coffee Company) (“Starbucks”) and Olden Lee
(“Consultant”). Starbucks and Consultant hereby agree as follows:
1. SERVICES . Consultant shall serve as Starbucks interim executive vice president, Partner Resources in a
consultant capacity during the term of this Agreement and shall perform the services normally associated with the
position of executive vice president, Partner Resources (collectively, the “Services”); provided, however, that
Consultant shall not participate in the preparation of Starbucks financial statements. It is understood by the parties
to this Agreement that the Services are being provided on a temporary basis while Starbucks searches for a
permanent executive vice president, Partner Resources.
2. TERM/TERMINATION . The term of this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and continue
for a period not to exceed one (1) year from the Effective Date or such earlier date as this Agreement may be
terminated in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement. Either Starbucks or Consultant may terminate
this Agreement, with or without cause, at any time upon two weeks’ notice to the other party.
3. FEES/EXPENSES . Starbucks shall pay Consultant for the Services as follows:
4. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION . Consultant agrees to hold Starbucks confidential and proprietary
information in confidence, consistent with Consultant’s obligations as a member of Starbucks board of directors.
Nothing herein shall limit Consultant’s ability to share confidential information with members of Starbucks board
of directors or otherwise impact Consultant’s duties or obligations as a member of Starbucks board of directors.
5. RIGHTS TO WORK . Consultant agrees that all Services and any parts of the Services created, performed,
contributed, or prepared by Consultant pursuant to this Agreement, and all patents, copyrights, trade