66 Ways To
Increase Your Sales
Telephone - 0800 849 6732
MTD Sales Training
Web: http://www.mtdsalestraining.com Tel: 0800 849 6732
66 WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR SALES
1. Prospects buy from people that they know, like and trust. What are you doing
to build up your credibility?
2. Get over the “I’m just looking” response in a retail environment by varying
your greetings and by injecting humour into what you say.
3. When you go on a sales visit or are with a prospect on the shop floor, act as
though you are a consultant rather than a sales person. Have the attitude that
you will “Help” the prospect instead of “Selling” to the prospect.
4. You should be doing 30% of the talking and your prospect should be doing
70% of the talking. What is your current ratio?
5. What do you do to build up rapport between yourself and your clients?
6. Concentrate on identifying your prospect’s wants/needs first and then present
your product/service against these needs. Package your product in light of
what the prospect wants.
7. Prospects only purchase something because they WANT it. They might NEED it
but not actually want it. You never really need a bag a chips but you certainly
want them at times!
8. Are you qualifying your prospects in the right way? How many of your
presentations are a waste of time because you have not qualified the prospect
9. Be flexible. Tailor your approach based upon the person to whom you are
selling to. Ask yourself “If I were this person, what sort of approach would
work best with me?”
10. Ask both closed and open-ended questions – a good question is one that
progresses your discussion with the prospect whether it is closed or open.
11. Be comfortable with silence – the next one to speak loses!
12. Listen to your prospects and never interrupt them.
13. Take notice of your body language – what silent signals are you giving to yo