SECOND AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
THIS SECOND AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT ("Second Amendment") is made and
entered into this 31st day of December, 2002, by and between BANK OF HAMPTON ROADS, INC., a
banking corporation organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia (the "Bank") and JULIE R.
ANDERSON, (the "Executive").
R E C I T A L S:
1. The Bank and the Executive entered into an Employment Agreement (the"Agreement") dated December 31,
2. The Agreement was amended by the First Amendment to Employment Agreement dated December 31, 2002.
3. The Bank and the Executive wish to further amend the Agreement.
4. The Bank and the Executive agree that this Second Amendment to Employment Agreement shall apply to
termination for any reason, except where termination is effective prior to the time "a change in control" (as defined
in Paragraph 3, part (b) of the Employment Agreement) occurs, or prior to the time the Employer enters into
negotiations which result in such change of control, or where termination is due to or the result of a change in
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the Executive's continued employment with the Bank and in
recognition of the fact that as an employee of the Bank, the Executive has access to the Bank's customers and to
confidential and valuable business and proprietary information of the Bank, it is further agreed as follows:
1. RETURN OF BANK'S PROPERTY
When the Executive's employment with the Bank ends, the Executive agrees to immediately deliver to the Bank
all documents, including, but not limited to, address and telephone records of customers, listings of customer
names and/or account numbers, and any other items or records in the Executive's possession, or subsequently
coming into the Executive's possession pertaining to the business of the Bank, including without limitation,
confidential and proprietary information which the Executive would not possess but for his employment
relationship with the Bank.