Why should I attend this seminar?
Enrich your knowledge and skills as well as build
confidence in handling patients with diabetes.
Improved public health
• Reduce the cost of going to Manila
At the end of the seminar workshop, the participant will be
• Discuss the pathophysiology of Diabetes Mellitus
• Describe the differences between Type 1, Type 2 and
other types of Diabetes Mellitus.
• Discuss briefly the acute and chronic complications of
Identify multiple therapeutic agents which may be used
singly or in combination for the treatment of Type 1 and
Type 2 diabetes.
• Discuss the relationships of nutrition, exercise,
medications, blood glucose levels and personal activities
in the management of diabetes.
• Demonstrate the proper techniques in Insulin injection,
proper insulin handling and storage.
• Recognize the importance of blood sugar monitoring.
• Classify the different types of glucose meter and the
principle behind the test.
• Demonstrate the proper use of meters and storage of
Interested health professionals
Date and Time
January 09, 2010, Saturday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Cutting Edge, ACP Centerpointe Bldg
Archbishop Reyes St. Kalibo, Aklan
The fee includes 2 snacks and 1 lunch, Official Receipt
and Certificate with CPE units. We encourage early
The Association of Diabetes Nurse Educators
of the Philippines, Inc (ADNEP) is a duly recog-
nized specialty organization of the Philippine
Nurses Association (PNA) and an accredited
continuing professional education units provider
by the Professional Regulation Commission
(PRC). We are a non-profit professional and
socio-civic organization whose purpose is to
provide quality diabetes care through education,
training and research.
Our Flagship Programs
Diabetes Education Training Program
A 12 days intense training program for regis-