Service Repair Manual
E180 EL180 HYDRAULIC
Model: EL180 EXCAVATOR 4EF
Configuration: E180 EL180 HYDRAULIC EXCAVATORS 4EF00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3204 ENGINE
General Service Information
E180, EL180, E240, EL240, E240B & EL240B EXCAVATORS ROTARY J
Media Number -SENR4831-00
Publication Date -01/09/1989
Date Updated -11/10/2001
Prepare a workbench, tools, and supplies in the same way as for disassembly.
1. Take the same general precautions as those shown in DISASSEMBLY.
2. Check prior to reassembly to ensure that all parts are free from metal particles or foreign
matters, and that parts are free from burs or scratches. Remove any burs or scratches with an
3. As a rule, renew O-rings and seal. Use care when fitting O-rings and seal to prevent damage.
(Apply a small amount of grease to make them smooth.)
4. Grease may be used during installation to prevent parts from falling apart.
5. Tighten bolts to the torque shown in (Tightening torque). Check tightening torque by using a
6. When reassembly is completed, plug all parts to prevent entry of dirt.
1. Combine inserters A and B and install O-rings (10) on inserter B.
E180 EL180 HYDRAULIC EXCAVATORS 4EF00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED...
2. Push inserter B all the way down into inside body (11).
3. Install O-rings (10) into the O-ring grooves on inside body (11) while moving inserter B from
the low position upward.
NOTE: To move inserter B, be sure that the axial cores of inside body (11) and inserter B are
aligned to prevent scratching inside body (11) due to contact while moving.
4. Form backup ring (9) in a circle by hands to obtain direction.
5. Install backup rings (9) to inside body (11).
NOTE: Refer to structural diagram for the positions to attach backup rings (9) to inside body (11).
E180 EL180 H