Access Consumer Reports online!
Looking for a new refrigerator, car, or digital camera? Did you know that you can
access full-text articles from Consumer Reports (and lots of other magazines)
from home? All you need is your library card. Here’s how!
1. Go to the Long Hill Library web site at www.longhilllibrary.org
2. Click on Databases and then click on Ebsco: Periodicals
3. Type in your 13-digit library card number
4. Choose the first link: Magazines and Newspapers—General
5. Check the box next to MasterFile Premier and click Continue
6. In the Find box, type keywords that describe what you are looking for (vacuum
cleaner or digital camera, for instance).
7. In the Refine Search section, click in the text box next to Publication and type
Consumer Reports. This will limit your results to only Consumer Reports magazine.
8. Make sure the box next to Full Text is checked. This ensures that you will get only
9. Click Search and wait a few moments. A list of articles that match your search terms
10. Click on PDF Full Text to view any article you’re interested in.
You can also print articles or email them to yourself or a friend!