COMPLAINTS INVESTIGATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
• As part of an Investigations Team, effectively handling a portfolio of enquiries and complaints in line with current legal and changing procedural
• Supporting the Investigations Manager to provide and develop a high quality, efficient complaints handling service.
• Contributing to outreach work in raising and measuring awareness of best practice complaints handling and related issues amongst SPSO stakeholders.
Delivering a timely and effective
complaints handling service.
- Efficiently managing a portfolio of enquiries and
complaints to ensure they are handled appropriately
and in a timely fashion.
- Working with the Investigations Manager to identify
and manage changing priorities.
- Using management information systems and IT to
ensure efficiency and accurate record keeping on all
Planning and organising
Handling enquiries and complaints in
a consistent, fair way.
Working with Investigations Manager to ensure the set
investigation processes are followed when administering
an investigation in line with the Guidance including:
- planning the investigation;
clarifying with complainant what complainant is about;
identifying and gathering evidence and seeking
external advice where appropriate;
- deciding on appropriate methods of investigating or, if
information on other advice
- using discretion to tailor investigation approach;
- questioning the evidence;
- making written recommendations; and
following up recommendations.
Analysing and judging
Contributing to Outreach Strategy and Representing the SPSO externally to publicise the work of Providing excellent service