NIXA R-II SCHOOL DISTRICT
ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Director of Human Resources and Professional Development
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
General Summary: Under general supervision of the Superintendent of Schools,
administers the functions of the Human Resources/Professional Development
Department in such a way as to enhance the morale of school district personnel, and
promote the overall efficiency of the school system, which results in increased student
1) Supervises the Human Resources functions of recruiting, screening, interviewing,
selecting, and conducting orientations for all personnel.
2) Supervises and evaluates the work of the Human Resources and Professional
3) Assures compliance with State and Federal regulations as they apply to
certification, employment, and contract administration.
4) Directs and oversees the Career Ladder Program.
5) Directs the administration of employment recommendations including
recommendations for Extra Curricular Activities (ECA).
6) Facilitates the meetings with the Nixa Teacher’s Association and other employee
groups with regard to salary and welfare issues.
7) With the superintendent, facilitates meetings with employees.
8) Coordinates and facilitates the District’s ProCom committee meetings.
9) With the superintendent, facilitates the Academic Huddle.
10) Directs district-wide employee evaluation programs.
11) Monitors the staffing of school buildings and select departments for compliance
with budget parameters.
12) Manages employee performance issues including employee counseling and
grievances; issues disciplinary memos and advances recommendations for
termination to the Board for approval.
13) Administers and develops Board policies as they relate to personnel management
and interprets same for other administrators.
14) Designs and implements a comprehensive training program for all employees in
the area of supervision and evaluation.