COMMUNITY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISRICT #180
BURR RIDGE, ILLINOIS
Position Title: Bi-lingual Early Childhood Paraprofessional Aide (Spanish)
All paraprofessionals originally hired after January 8, 2002 shall meet the requirements
of a “Highly Qualified” paraprofessional aide as described in Title I of the Elementary
and Secondary Education act.
• This job description describes in general terms the normal duties that the
assistant will be expected to undertake. However, the job or duties described
may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of
responsibility associated with the job.
• Special education aides work under the overall supervision of their building
principal with direct supervision provided by special education teachers. They
are employed when required to implement special education or related services
for a class and/or to provide direct assistance to students. Their duties will vary
depending upon the age of students served as well as the nature and severity of
the student’s disabilities.
• Please see attached Paraprofessional Aide Handbook for additional job
Teaching and Learning
• Assist in the educational and social development of students under the
direction and guidance of the facilitator and classroom teachers.
• Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans for the students and
monitor their progress.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to
enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Work with other professionals, such as speech therapist, social worker,
occupational and physical therapists.
• Assist classroom teachers with maintaining student records.
• Support students with emotional or behavior concerns and assist them in
developing appropriate social skills.
• Assist in the preparation and display of student work.
• Assist classroom teachers with copying items to support teaching.