Saltman PD, Strause LG. J Am Coll Nutr 1993;12:384-89.
Simmer K, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr 1991;45:139-44.
3. Holben DH, Smith AM. Diet Assoc 1999;99:836-43.
4. Baum MK. Proc First Inter Bio-Minerals Symposium. April 19-20, 2001.
5. Blumenfeld AJ, et al. Can J Urol 2000;7:927-35.
Ilich JZ, Kerstetter JE. J Am Coll Nutr 2000;19:715-37.
7. Mertz W. J Nutr 1993;123(4):626-33.
8. Harris ED. Ann Rev Nutr 2000;20:291-310.
Turnland JR. Modern nutrition in health and disease. Baltimore: Williams &
10. Rucker RB, et al. Am J Clin Nutr 1998;67(5 Supp):996S-1002S.
Fleet JC. Biochemical and physiological aspects of human nutrition. Phildelphia:
de Rosa G, et al. J Nutr 1980;110:795-804.
13. Nakai M, et al. Biol Pharm Bull 1995;18:719-25.
14. Yuan M, et al. Chung Hua I Hsueh Tsa Chih 1997;77:208-11.
Minerals and trace elements represent less than
one-half of one percent of the total nutrients we
consume every day. Yet without them our bodies would
be unable to efficiently use the carbohydrates, proteins,
and fats in our diet. Many vitamins and enzymes need
a mineral co-factor to function properly. Chelated
Mineral supplement is a carefully formulated balance of
essential minerals and ultra trace minerals sourced from
the highest quality suppliers in forms readily absorbed
by the body.*
A component of hundreds of enzymes, zinc is involved
in carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism, as well
as DNA and RNA replication. Zinc functions as an
antioxidant, aids in retaining healthy bone structure
development, healthy immune function, and healthy
vision, and supports normal fetal growth.1,2*
Selenium is an essential component of the glutathione
peroxidase antioxidant system, which helps combat the
effects of free radicals and plays an important role in
thyroid hormone metabolism.3 Selenium has also been
shown to help support a healthy immune system.4 In
addition, many studies have shown that selenium i