1. A network technician is asked to examine an existing switched network.
Following this examination, the technician makes recommendations for adding
new switches where needed and replacing existing equipment that hampers
performance. The technician is given a budget and asked to proceed. Which two
pieces of information would be helpful in determining necessary port density for
new switches? (Choose two.)
*traffic flow analysis
*expected future growth
number of required core connections
number of hubs that are needed in the access layer to increase performance
2. Configuring communication between devices on different VLANs requires
the use of which layer of the OSI model?
3. What is the likely impact of moving a conventional company architecture to a
completely converged network?
Local analog phone service can be completely outsourced to cost-effective
The Ethernet VLAN structure is less complex.
*A shared infrastructure is created resulting in a single network to manage.
QoS issues are greatly reduced.
There is less bandwidth competition between voice and video streams.
4. Which hierarchical design model layer controls the flow of network traffic
using policies and delineates broadcast domains by performing routing functions
between virtual LANs (VLANs)?
5. A network administrator is selecting a switch that will operate at the network
core. Which three features should the switch support for optimum network
performance and reliability? (Choose three.)
*10 Gigabit Ethernet
*quality of service (QoS)
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
6. Which three features are commonly supported at the distribution layer of the
Cisco hierarchical network model? (Choose three.)
Power over Ethernet
switch port security
*quality of service
*Layer 3 function