NALC Health Benefit Plan
A fee-for-service plan with a preferred provider organization
Sponsored and administered by the National Association of Letter Carriers
Who may enroll in this Plan:
• A federal or postal employee or annuitant eligible to enroll in the Federal Employees
Health Benefits Program;
• A former spouse eligible for coverage under the Spouse Equity Law; or
• An employee, former spouse, or child eligible for Temporary Continuation of
To enroll, you must be or become a member of the National Association of Letter Carriers.
To become a member:
• If you are a Postal Service employee, you must be a dues-paying member of an NALC local branch. See page 69 and the back
cover for more details.
• If you are a non-postal employee, annuitant, survivor annuitant, or a Spouse Equity or TCC enrollee, you become an associate
member of NALC when you enroll in the NALC Health Benefit Plan. See page 69 and the back cover for more details.
Membership dues: NALC dues vary by local branch. Associate members will be billed by the NALC for the $36 annual
membership fee, except where exempt by law.
Enrollment codes for this Plan:
321 Self Only
322 Self and Family
Joint Commission accreditation: CVS/Caremark’s 18 Specialty pharmacies
URAC accreditation: CVS/Caremark’s AccordantCare™ Case Management, Caremark Consumer Health Interactive
Web site, CVS/Caremark Pharmacy Benefit Management, CVS/Caremark Drug Therapy Management; CIGNA
HealthCare Case Management and Health Utilization Management, and Health Call Center; and OptumHealth Behavioral
Solutions Health Utilization Management
NCQA accreditation: CVS/Caremark’s 22 AccordantCare™ Health Management Programs and CIGNA HealthCare PPO
Network, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions Health Utilization Management
Important Notice from NALC Health Benefit Plan About
Our Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare