MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
PARALLEL PLUS HERBICIDE
Page 1 of 6
Parallel Plus Herbicide
Chemical name of active ingredient(s):
Atrazine : 6-chloro-N-ethyl-N’-(1-methylethyl)-1,3,5-triazine-2,4-
Makhteshim-Agan of North America, Inc.
4515 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27609
For fire, spill, and/or leak emergencies, contact
For medical emergencies and health and
safety inquiries, contact Prosar:
2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
IARC: Group 3*
NA: Not applicable
* IARC Group 3: The agent (mixture, or exposure circumstance) is unclassifiable as to carcinogenicity to humans.
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
Appearance: Opaque liquid
Odor: Faint paint like
EMERGENCY OVERVIEW: CAUTION. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Harmful if swallowed or
absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly
with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco. Remove and wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Wear protective eyewear or clothing specified in Section 8.
HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: None known.
PRIMARY ROUTES OF EXPOSURE: Eye and skin contact, inhalation.
EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE: May cause irritation to skin and eyes.
4. FIRST AID
• Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
IF IN EYES:
• Call a poison control center or doct