This internet activity will allow you to explore the cost of opening a franchise. You will go to
the website http://entrepreneur.com/franchise500/index.html
1. You will see the top 10 franchises for 2007 and there will be a list ranking the rest of
2. Look at several different franchises.
3. Pick three that you would be interested in purchasing if you in fact could afford it.
4. Then answer the following questions.
Franchise Number 1 ____________________
1. What year did the business begin? ____________________________________________________
2. What is the year the franchise began? __________________________________________________
3. Where did the business begin? ________________________________________________________
4. What is the history of the business? (at least 5 sentences) _________________________________
5. What is the franchise growth? ________________________________________________________
6. Where are they seeking franchises? ____________________________________________________
7. What if any special program does the business offer?_____________________________________
Now click on Costs and Fees
8. What is the total investment? _________________________________________________________
9. What is the Franchise fee? ____________________________________________________________
10. What is the ongoing Royalty Fee? ____________________________________________________
11. How long is the agreement for and can it be renewed? __________________________________
12. What is their official website? ________________________________________________________
13. Find an