NEW EMPLOYEE I-9 AUTHORIZATION PROCESS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services require all employees to complete the
Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and present original unexpired documents
establishing identity and employment eligibility. To ensure compliance please follow the
1. Fill out the New Employee Authorization Form (NEAF), located on HR website
under HR Forms – New Hire Package.
2. If applicable, include the employee PeopleSoft/ePAR number on NEAF form.
3. Give employee a copy of the list of acceptable documents.
4. Do not instruct employee of the documents they can present (this is against
the law). Employee must personally determine the documents they will present to
verify their employment eligibility using the list of acceptable documents as their
5. Inform new employee of timeframe for completion and consequences if not in
6. Direct employee to:
Human Resources Service Center (HRSC)
325 McElhinney Hall (bldg 588 on campus map)
1. Bring New Employee Authorization Form to HRSC.
2. Bring current unexpired acceptable I-9 documents to present for employment
3. Upon I-9 completion a confirmation receipt will be issued.
4. A HR Service Center representative will complete the employee I-9 if unexpired
acceptable documents are presented.
5. The HR Service Center representative will issue a confirmation receipt when I-9
has been completed.
NEW EMPLOYEE AUTHORIZATION FORM
Only original unexpired documents will be accepted to establish employment eligibility
Department Instructions: All below fields require completion. Please conduct a thorough
search to confirm if the employee has a PeopleSoft ID and or ePAR number.
This form will no longer be used as a confirmation receipt; it is for HR verification
purposes only. The HR Representative will give the employee a confirmation receipt
once the I-