ap1 & Rp SeRieS
to ReDuce tHe RiSK oF FiRe, eLectRic SHocK, oR in-
JuRY to peRSonS, oBSeRVe tHe FoLLowing:
1.	 Use	this	unit	only	 in	 the	manner	 intended	by	the	manufac-
turer.	If	you	have	questions,	contact	the	manufacturer	at	the
address	or	telephone	number	listed	in	the	warranty.
2.	 Before	servicing	or	cleaning	unit,	switch	power	off	at	service
panel.	Lock	or	tag	service	panel	to	prevent	power	from	being
switched	on	accidentally.
3.	 Installation	work	and	electrical	wiring	(including	switch	loca-
tion) must be done by a qualified person(s) in accordance
with all applicable codes and standards, including fire-rated
4. Provide sufficient air for proper combustion and exhausting
of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equip-
ment	to	prevent	backdrafting.	Follow	the	combustion	equip-
ment	 standards	 such	 as	 those	 published	 by	 the	 National
Fire	 Protection	 Association	 (NFPA),	 the	 American	 Society
for	 Heating,	 Refrigeration	 and	 Air	 Conditioning	 Engineers
(ASHRAE),	and	local	codes.
5.	 This	product	may	have	sharp	edges.	Be	careful	to	avoid	cuts
and	abrasions	during	installation	and	cleaning.
6.	 When	cutting	or	drilling	 into	wall	or	ceiling,	do	not	damage
electrical	wiring	and	other	hidden	utilities.
7.	 Ducted	fans	must	always	be	vented	to	the	outdoors.
8.	 Use	only	metal	ductwork.
9.	 As	an	alternative,	this	product	may	be	installed	with	the	UL-
approved	 cord	 kit	 designated	 for	 the	 product,	 following	 in-
structions	packed	with	the	cord	kit.
10.	This	unit	must	be	grounded.
to ReDuce tHe RiSK oF a Range top gReaSe FiRe:
1.	 Never	 leave	 surface	 units	 unattended	 at	 high	 settings.
Boilovers	cause	smoking	and	greasy	spillovers	that	may	ig-
nite.	Heat	oils	slowly	on	low	or	medium	settings.
2.	 Always	 turn	hood	ON	when	 cooking	at	 high	heat	 or	when
flambeing food (i.e. Crepes Suzette, Cherries Jubilee, Pep-
percorn	Beef	Flambe).
3.	 Clean	ventilating	 fans	 frequently.	Grease	should	not	be	al-
lowed to accumulate on