<p>Jar Candle Wraps
by Sherry Titzer
Wrap 1 (front) - 4.2"H x 6.95"W Wrap 2 (back) - 3.7"H x 6.95"W
Vilene or Aqua Magic to fit your hoop
Fabric - 4 pieces 5" x 8" (2 pieces for lining)
Fusible Interfacing - 2 pieces 4 1/2" x 8" (iron to back of lining fabric - use only if lining fabric is thin)
Fusible Fleece - 2 pieces 4 1/2" x 8" (iron to back of outer fabric)
Note: I used Pellon fusible fleece & Pellon light weight fusible interfacing
1. Cut your fabric, interfacing and fleece to size.
2. Iron fleece/interfacing to wrong side of fabric leaving
½” fabric showing at the top. Fold the ½” fabric down over
the interfacing/fleece and iron to crease.
3. Stitch the 1
color in design on stabilizer only. Next, fold
fabric (fleece on back) in half & line up the fold with the
center mark on placement line. Unfold fabric, tape at
corners keeping the turned edge even with basting line.
4. Put hoop on machine. The 2
color in the design tacks
the fabric & fleece down. (also top stitches turned/folded
edge on the left side)
5. Finish stitching the design front until the instructions
tell you it’s time to add the lining.
6. Remove hoop. Place lining fabric centered over outline
keeping turned edge even with placement line on the left
side again (just like the front piece).
7. The next color stop in the design tacks the lining fabric
down (top stitches the turned/folded edge again)
8. Remove hoop and trim the excess fabric around design
on both sides of hoop. Put hoop back on machine.
9. The last color in the design stitches the satin edge.
10. Trim design from stabilizer. Run wet rag along edge to
dissolve remaining stabilizer.
11. Make the back half of the candle wrap following the same instructions above.
12. Place the front and back candle wrap pieces right sides
together and pin at the side seams.
13. Stitch the sides together on your sewing machine with
a short stitch length. Stitch r