Application for Appraised Value Limitation on Qualified Property
(Tax Code, Chapter 313, Subchapter B or C)
(Revised May 2010)
INSTRUCTIONS: This application must be completed and filed with the school district. In order for an application to be processed, the governing body (school board)
must elect to consider an application, but — by Comptroller rule — the school board may elect to consider the application only after the school district has received
a completed application. Texas Tax Code, Section 313.025 requires that any completed application and any supplemental materials received by the school district
must be forwarded within seven days to the Comptroller of Public Accounts.
If the school board elects to consider the application, the school district must:
• notify the Comptroller that the school board has elected to consider the application.
This notice must include:
– the date on which the school district received the application;
– the date the school district determined that the application was complete;
– the date the school board decided to consider the application; and
– a request that the comptroller prepare an economic impact analysis of the application;
• provide a copy of the notice to the appraisal district;
• must complete the sections of the application reserved for the school district and provide information required in the Comptroller rules located at 34 Texas
Administrative Code (TAC) Section 9.1054; and
• forward the original completed application to the Comptroller in a three-ring binder with tabs separating each section of the documents, in addition to an elec-
tronic copy on CD. See 34 TAC Chapter 9, Subchapter F.
The governing body may, at its discretion, allow the applicant to supplement or amend the application after the filing date, subject to the restrictions in 34 TAC
Chapter 9, Subchapter F.
When the Comptroller receives the notice and required information from the school district, the Comptroller will publish all submitted application materials on its