The University of Hong Kong Libraries has subscriptions to a wide variety of electronic resources in
music available to users on the HKU host and HKU PPP accounts. They include:
1. Periodical Abstracts & Indexes for Music
• The Music Index Online (Harmonie Park Press) -
It indexes journal articles on classical & popular music from over 655 international music periodicals
from 1979 to present. The Music Library also holds this index in the CD-ROM format.
• RILM Abstracts of Music Literature Online (National Information Services Corp.)
It provides access to abstracts for over 269,000 records from 1969 to present in historical
musicology, ethnomusicology, instruments, voice, music theory & compositions, performance,
criticism, music therapy and interdisciplinary studies on music including literature, dramatic arts,
anthropology, sociology, philosophy, physics, visual arts, etc., from journal articles, books,
conference proceedings, bibliographies, dissertation, Festschriften, films, videos, ethnographic
records, etc. indexed by the Repertoire International de Litterature Musicale.
• The International Index to Music Periodicals, Full Text Edition. (Chadwyck-Healey)
It provides online information to over 396 international music periodicals from 1996 onwards and
full text records from 42 titles. It also include retrospective records from 165 journals dating back as
far as 1874, with 29 complete runs.
• Canadian Music Periodical Index (National Library of Canada)
It provides online information to over 25,000 records, indexed from 475 Canadian music journals,
newsletters & magazines from the late nineteenth century to the present day on all aspects of musical
activity in Canada.
• Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology-Online (American Musicological Society)
It provides online information t