Service Repair Manual
320, 320L and 320N
Model: 320 L EXCAVATOR 9KK
Configuration: 320, 320L & 320N TRACK-TYPE EXCAVATORS 9KK01359-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3066 ENGINE
Disassembly and Assembly
3064 and 3066 Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -SENR5553-10
Publication Date -01/05/2012
Date Updated -15/05/2012
Flywheel - Remove
SMCS - 1156-011
Tool Part Number
Forcing screws M16 X 2
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
1. Remove twelve bolts (1) and washers from the adapter (2) .
2. Remove the adapter (2) from the flywheel housing.
3. Remove four socket head bolts (3) from the inner ring (4) .
4. Remove the inner ring (4) from the flywheel.
5. Remove six bolts (5) that secure flywheel (6) to the crankshaft. Check all bolts for stripped
threads. Replace the bolts, if necessary.
6. Install Tool (A), a strap, and a suitable lifting device onto the flywheel (6).
7. Use Tool (B) in order to remove the flywheel and ring gear out of the housing. The weight
of the flywheel is 50 kg (110 lb).
8. Perform the following procedure in order to remove the flywheel ring gear.
a. Place the flywheel and ring gear assembly on a suitable support.
Note: Check the flywheel ring gear for the following conditions:cracks, damaged
dowel holes, worn ring gear and damaged ring gear.
Note: Identify the orientation of the old ring gear on the flywheel for proper
positioning, when the new ring gear is install