WFA SUPPLEMENTAL EXECUTIVE RETIREMENT PLAN
WHEREAS, Household International, Inc., by resolution of its Board of Directors dated November 11, 1997,
has authorized its proper officers to adopt the WFA Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan,
NOW, THEREFORE, the WFA Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan is adopted as follows:
1. Adoption of Plan. William F. Aldinger ("WFA") is a participant in the Household Retirement Income Plan
("RIP") and the Household Supplemental Retirement Income Plan ("SRIP"). The "WFA Supplemental Executive
Retirement Plan" (hereafter called the "Plan") was adopted to supplement the benefits payable to WFA under
both RIP and SRIP.
2. Eligible Employees. William F. Aldinger is the only employee of Household International, Inc. ("Household")
eligible to participate in the Plan.
3. Vesting of Benefits. If WFA continues to be employed by Household or one of its subsidiaries until he attains
age 60, then he will become eligible for benefits under the Plan.
4. Payment of Benefits. Payment of benefits, if any, under the Plan will not commence until WFA receives
benefits under the Household Retirement Income Plan.
5. Amount of Benefit. If WFA terminates employment with Household and all its subsidiaries on or after he has
attained age 60, then he will be eligible to receive a monthly single life annuity benefit under the Plan equal to 50%
of his "Final Average Salary" as defined in RIP (but without any limits imposed by
Section 401(a)(17) of the Internal Revenue Code), offset by the equivalent monthly single life annuity he would
be eligible to receive under RIP and SRIP. If WFA terminates employment with Household and all its
subsidiaries on or after he has attained age 65, then his benefit will be based upon 55% of his Final Average
Salary (without any limits imposed by Section 401(a)(17) of the Internal Revenue Code) instead of 50%.
6. Form of Payment. WFA may elect, prior to his retirement date, that his single life annuity benefit under the Plan