CRIME VICTIMS RIGHTS BOARD
Unofficial Text (See Printed Volume). Current through date and Register shown on Title Page.
Register, June, 2000, No. 534
Chapter CVRB 1
Delegation of responsibilities.
Probable cause determination.
Note: Chapter CVRB 1 was created as an emergency rule effective September
CVRB 1.01 Purpose. The purpose of this chapter is to es-
tablish procedures for the review of complaints made to the crime
victims rights board. This chapter interprets the provisions of ss.
950.09 and 950.095, Stats., and also interprets the provisions of
ch. 227, Stats., concerning the conduct of proceedings under this
History: Cr. Register, June, 2000, No. 534, eff. 7–1–00.
CVRB 1.02 Definitions. In this chapter:
(1) “Board” means the crime victims rights board.
(2) “Chairperson” means the chairperson of the board.
(3) “Complainant” means the individual filing a complaint
with the board.
(4) “Complaint” means a written, sworn complaint made to
the board regarding a violation of the rights of a crime victim.
(5) “Department” means the department of justice.
(6) “Involved party” means an individual who participated in
the mediation process as provided in s. 950.08 (3), Stats.
(7) “Mediator” means an employe of the department who has
sought to mediate or has actually mediated a complaint made to
the department as provided in s. 950.08 (3), Stats.
(8) “Party” means the complainant, the respondent, or both.
(9) “Probable cause” means a reasonable basis for belief, sup-
ported by facts, circumstances, and reasonable inferences strong
enough to warrant a prudent person to believe that a violation
probably has been or is being committed as alleged in the com-
(10) “Respondent” means the individual identified in the
complaint as the