Midstream Pregnancy Test Information – From BabyHopes.com
How the Test Works
When a woman becomes pregnant, her body produces a hormone called hCG (human Chorionic
Gonadotrphn). This hormone appears in the urine shortly after fertilization takes place. The
secretion of the hCG hormne increases steadily throughout the first trimester. The Aim
MidStream Professional OTC Pregnancy Test is highly sensitive (25 mIU/ml hCG) rapid one-
step test for the determination of hCG in human urine. Given the sensitivity of the Aim
MidStream Professional OTC Pregnancy Test, pregnancy can be determined well before the
first day of a woman's missed period. Testing at 9 or 10 days past ovulation is probably the best
time to use these tests to help lower the chances of a false negative.
Caution: Do not read test results after 5 minutes. See instructions below for more info.
Before You Begin
• Read the full instructions. You must follow the instructions carefully to insure the correct
performance of the test. The Aim MidStream Professional OTC Pregnancy Test
incorporates sophisticated chemical technologies despite it's simple appearance.
• Do not open the sealed pouch
until you are ready to start the test.
• Do not use the test after the expiration date stamped on the package.
• Store unopened tests at room temperature (below 86 degrees F) Do not freeze.
• The Aim MidStream Professional OTC Pregnancy Test can be used any time of day, but the
first morning urine usually contains the highest concentration of hCG hormone.
• Reduce or eliminate your fluid intake at least two (2) hours prior to testing to prevent
1. Remove the MidStream OTC hCG Test device from the foil pouch.
2. Remove green cap to completely expose the absorbent wick.
3. Turn the Test Stick over so that the Result Windows are facing away from you to
prevent splashing onto these sensitive areas.
4. Hold the wick portion of the test device in a direct urine stream for at least five to six
seconds so that an adequat