Division of Invertebrate Zoology (DIZ-KUNHM)
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
1200 Sunnyside Drive, University of Kansas
Lawrence, Kansas, USA 66045-7561
Curator-in-charge: Dr Daphne Fautin; e-mail: email@example.com; phone: (785) 864-3062
Curatorial Assistant: Andrea Crowther; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: (785) 864-4607
fax: (785) 864-5321
SPECIMEN LOAN PROCEDURE:
To initiate a loan, please send an email or written request to the Curator-in
charge, Daphne Fautin. Please include the following information:
• Borrower's name and contact details (including institutional mailing
address, phone number, fax number and email address).
• A list of the specimens requested, if possible including information such as
catalog numbers, preparation type, size desired.
• A brief description of the research project or proposed use of specimens.
The DIZ-KUNHM specimen catalog can be viewed and searched at:
SPECIMEN LOAN POLICY:
1. Specimens are loaned to bona-fide researchers for use in scientific investigation.
In the case of students, the material is loaned to the advisor. No specimens may
be exchanged, loaned, or re-gifted to a third party, or cataloged into any
collection without the express written permission of DIZ-KUNHM. Permission
should also be requested in writing from DIZ-KUNHM to convey specimens from
one institution to another in the case of a researcher’s relocation.
2. No destructive sampling (clearing and staining, dissection, incision or removal of
structures) may be undertaken without express written permission from DIZ-
KUNHM. Details of the nature and extent of destructive sampling and
justification for it should accompany all requests for such work. A detailed report
on specimens that were destructively sampled, including the investigator’s name
and date of sampling, should be returned with the specimens. All materials