(AS AMENDED THROUGH NOVEMBER 15, 1999)
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
PLAN EFFECTIVE DATE September 30, 1996
PURPOSE The purpose of the Plan is to provide an incentive for
the achievement of Goals that support Starbucks
- PLAN NAME The Executive Management Bonus Plan.
- PARTICIPANTS Employees serving in positions of executive vice
president and above, as well as certain other senior
officers of the Corporation specified by the
Compensation Committee ("Participants").
- PLAN PERIOD The Starbucks fiscal year.
- BASE PAY The monthly pay (annual pay divided by 12) established
for the participant by Starbucks and in effect on the
last day of the Plan Period or, in the case of a
deceased or disabled Participant, on the last day of
participation in the Plan. Starbucks, in conjunction
with the Compensation Committee of the Board of
Directors ("Compensation Committee"), may at any time,
in its sole discretion, prospectively revise the
Participant's Base Pay.
- BONUS PAYOUT The actual award (expressed in dollars) to the
Participant based on the terms of the Plan.
- TARGET BONUS A percentage of each Participant's Base Pay as
established each year by the Compensation Committee.
- PERFORMANCE In accordance with Section 162(m) of the Internal
MEASURES AND Revenue Code, at the beginning of each Plan Period, the
GOALS Compensation Committee selects specific measures among
Earnings Per Share, Return on Capital, Sales Growth and