Energy Resources Scavenger Hunt
1. ________________________ are made up of decayed and decomposed plant and animal
2. _____________ plants are used to make electricity from dams
3. The problem with _______________ plants is they have radioactive waste which is very
poisonous to living things.
4. Farmers have used _________ energy for many years to pump water from wells.
5. Alexander the Great burned _______________ to scare away his enemies elephants.
6. Fossil fuels actually got their energy originally from the _________________.
7. __________________ is usually thought of as garbage.
8. When you hang clothing out to dry you are using ________________ energy.
9. _______________ comes in many forms and is hard like a rock.
10. Energy from the ocean waves is another form of ___________________.
11. The Ancient Egyptians used ______________ to preserve mummies.
12. An ________ pipeline brings energy from Alaska to the rest of the US.
13. Magma is hot, liquid rock that makes _______________ power possible.
14. Energy generated from a power plant on the Illinois River would be ____________.
15. _____________ energy can be recycled into paper and fertilizer and is not harmful to
16. You can’t see or smell ___________________________.
17. ______________ means "earth heat" and is as old as the world itself.
18. _____________ is a liquid energy found between layers of rock.
19. One of the earliest forms of energy for heating was ________________.
20. Coal, oil and natural gas are ________________________.
S. Baker 2000