L I B R A R I E S
Library Liaison, Law • Shikha.Sharma@uconn.edu
Revised January 2006
• For access to the Web-based guide Resources for Law connect to:
For access to the Web-based guide Resources for Law connect to
To determine legislative history and the intent behind the creation of a Connecticut law, consult the text of the legislation,
the bills which led up to the enactment of a law, committee hearings in support of a bill, and the verbatim reports of the
floor debates leading to a vote on a particular bill.
Connecticut Public and Special Acts 1901+ Annual
Current issues: Index Table 2 / Ref. KFC 3625 P8
Back issues: Connecticut Documents Collection, Level B / CONN KFC 3625 P79 and CONN KFC 3625 P8
Internet: (1993+) http://cga.ct.gov and (1996+) http://www.cslib.org/psaindex.htm
• Contains the text of laws passed by each session of the Connecticut General Assembly, arranged by date of passage and law
number. At the beginning of each enacted law, note the bill number (e.g., S.B. 65). The law and bill numbers are the keys to
beginning legislative history.
• For acts prior to 1901, consult the Law and Legislative Reference Service of the Connecticut State Library at (860) 566-4601.
General Statutes of Connecticut 1866+ Revised every other year
Current statutes: Index Table 2 / Ref. KFC 3630 A22
Back issues: Connecticut Documents Collection, Level B / 7-A3.7/1:date
Internet: http://www.cslib.org/psaindex.htm and
http://www.lib.uconn.edu/ Î UConn Libraries homepage Î Most Used Databases Î LexisNexis Academic Î
Legal Research Î State Codes Î Connecticut
• Connecticut General Statutes from 1716-1821 are available in Archives and Special Collections, Dodd Center.
• The official version of the codified laws of Connecticut.
• Every two years, the laws passed by the General Assembly are codified into Titles, representing broad