Department of Education,
Training and Youth Affairs
Development of the
Centre for the Study of Higher Education
and Assessment Research Centre
Faculty of Education
The University of Melbourne
01/1 April 2001
Evaluations and Investigations Programme
Higher Education Division
Instructions for pdf navigation
• Use the arrows on the Acrobat menu bar to navigate forwards or backwards page by page
• Alternatively, use the arrow icons on your keyboard to navigate through the document.
• To enlarge the viewing screen either:
use the magnifying glass by clicking on the area you wish to enlarge or by forming
a marquee over the area you wish to view (ie. hold the mouse button down and
drag the magnifying glass over the area); or
use the view options menu bar at the bottom of the Acrobat screen.
• To pan out from the page, hold down the option button on your keyboard to change the
+ve symbol on the magnifying glass to a –ve symbol , then click the mouse.
• To search for a word or phrase use the binoculars icon on the menu bar.
• The Contents pages are live, ie. if you click on a topic you will go to that page.
• You can return to the Contents page by clicking your mouse on ‘Contents’ on the top of
© Commonwealth of Australia 2000
ISBN 0 642 45722 0
ISBN 0 642 45723 9 (Online version)
DETYA No. 6662 HERC01A
This work is copyright. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright
Act 1968, no part may be reproduced by any process without permission
from Ausinfo. Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights
should be addressed to the Manager, Legislative Services, Ausinfo,
GPO Box 84, Canberra ACT 2601.
The report is funded under the Evaluations and Investigations Programme of
the Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs.
The views expressed in this report do not necessarily reflect the views of the
Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs.