3 Pocket Purse
by Sherry Titzer - http://www.atimetostitch.com
Purse size - 10” H x 12 ½” W (3 1/2” wide flat bottom) See text file for supply list & cutting instructions
Both Front curved side pockets – designs combined in 1 hooping for 6x10 or larger hoops. (design size: 5.3” x 9.4”)
(Front curved side pockets for smaller hoops - 1 hooping per pocket)
Back pocket – 1 hooping for 5x7 or larger hoops. Top flap - 1 hooping for 5x7 or larger hoops)
A - PURSE FLAP:
1. On wrong side of print fabric, add thin fusible fleece
centered and even with bottom so there is ½” of fabrtic at
the top with no fleece (to reduce bulk).
2. On right side, rub glue stick along middle of top edge and
center the solid fabric even with the top. Iron to set the glue.
Mark center at the top and bottom.
3. Flap lining – Center fusible interfacing on wrong side
even with bottom. Add 2
piece of smaller interfacing
centered and even with bottom as well. Make cross mark
1 ½” up from bottom centered. Also mark center at
bottom. Center magnetic snap washer over cross mark.
Trace & cut slits open. DO NOT install snap yet.
4. Hoop stabilizer and stitch the placement lines directly on
the stabilizer. Extend line at bottom ~1” by marking on
stablizer. Spray area with temporary adhesive spray.
5. Center front fabric in hoop even with top placment line
keeping center marks even. Continue stitching design.
6. When instructed, center lining over fabric in hoop keeping
tops & center marks even. Last step stitches flap outline.
7. Remove from hoop, flip over. Use rotary cutter/ruler to trim stabilizer even with placement line at top.
8. Trim edges with pinking shears (¼” seam allowance). Install THINNER side of magnetic snap through top opening.
9. Turn right side out & press to set edges. Top stitch sides and bottom with ¼” seam.
B – CURVED SIDE POCKETS:
10. Rub glue stick along 1 end of both pieces of print
fabric & center the solid fabri