EMAIL THROUGH POINT2
You can retrieve your email 2 ways through Point2:
1) Through the website: http://mail.point2agent.com
2) Through Outlook
If you want to be able to use both your Outlook and the Point2
mail.point2agent.com web interface, set up your Outlook as
defined at the end of the document, selecting the “Leave it on
the server” Check box.
NOTE ON SPAM THRU POINT2
1) Go to http://mail.point2agent.com and log in
2) On the toolbar with GET MESSAGES and NEW MESSAGES select the blue down arrow to the right of the word
3) Select ANTI SPAM from the submenu displays
4) Choose the ANTI SPAM setting they want and click save
Depending upon the level of ANTI SPAM you select, if you find your are not getting emails from those that daily send
emails such as the Title Company, then come back to this section and on the left in the blue margin, click CLIENT RULES
and add a rule to accept email for each person you get A LOT of email from that you are finding are being sent to the
TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR THIS DOCUMENT:
- SETTING UP A POP3 ACCOUNT IN OUTLOOK
Pg 3 – 5
- EXAMPLE SCREEN SHOTS FOR SETP IN OUTLOOK
Setting Up a POP3 Account in Outlook
To view emails sent to your POP3 account via Microsoft Outlook 2003:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2003.
2. Click Tools on your Outlook menu bar.
3. Click E-mail Accounts on the drop-down menu.
4. Select Add new e-mail account and click Next.
5. Select POP3 and click Next to open the Internet Email Settings (POP3) window.
6. User Information: Enter your Name and Email Address.
7. Server Information:
o Incoming Mail server (POP3): Enter pop.point2agent.com.
o Outgoing Mail server (SMTP): Enter the name of the SMTP mail server designated by
your Internet Service Provider (the organization that supplies you with your Internet access
i.e. Comcast, AT&T, Bell, Earthlink, etc.). SEE EXAMPLE PRINTOUT BELOW
8. Logon Information:
o User Name: Enter the first part of your email address bef