PACIFIC CAPITAL BANCORP
RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT
This Restricted Stock Agreement (“Agreement”) confirms the award by Pacific Capital Bancorp (the “Company”)
of restricted shares of common stock of the Company (Restricted Stock) to the employee identified below (the
“Employee”) on the terms and conditions set forth In this Agreement and in the 2002 Stock Plan, effective January 22,
2002, and amended July 21, 2004, September 19, 2005 and December 12, 2006 (the “Plan”), the terms of which are
1. Grant Date.
2. Number of Shares . The number of shares is specified on the Grant Summary section of this website.
3. Fair Market Value . The Fair Market Value is the closing price of Company stock on the Grant Date and is
specified on the Grant Summary section of this website.
4. Vesting Schedule . Until it becomes Vested, the Restricted Stock that has been granted under this Agreement is
not transferable and is subject to forfeiture in the event that Employee’s status as an employee of the Company is
terminated for any reason other than Official Retirement (see Section 11 below). Beginning on the above referenced
Grant Date and continuing until the Restricted Stock has become fully vested, the Employee’s interest in the
Restricted Stock shall become vested as follows:
5. Stock Agreement . The Restricted Stock will be issued only if an executed Restricted Stock Agreement, which
contains the terms and conditions of the Plan, is on file with the Plan Administrator.
6. Continued Service . As consideration for the issuance of the Restricted Stock, the Employee agrees to remain in
the employ of the Company for a period of at least one (1) year after the Restricted Stock is issued. Nothing in this
Agreement shall confer on any Employee any right to continue in the employ of the Company for any period or any
particular period or shall interfere with or restrict in any way the rights of the Company to discharge any Employee at
any time for any reason what