Page 1 of 2
15.300 Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement Compliance Advisory Board --
Members -- Organization -- Duties -- Duties of Attorney General.
(1) As used in this section, "consent order" means the consent order of December 21,
1998, agreed to in Commonwealth of Kentucky v. Philip Morris Inc. et al., Docket
Number 98-CI-01579, Franklin Circuit Court.
(2) There is created the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement Compliance Advisory
Board in the Department of Law. The board shall be composed of six (6) members
(a) The Attorney General, or the Attorney General's designee;
(b) The secretary of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, or the secretary's
(c) The Commissioner of Agriculture, or the Commissioner's designee;
(d) The secretary of the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, or the
secretary's designee; and
(e) Two (2) citizens at large appointed by the Attorney General.
(3) The citizen members of the board shall serve for terms of one (1) year and until
their successors are appointed. The citizen members shall be eligible for successive
terms on the board.
(4) The board shall annually elect a member to serve as its chair and shall meet at least
quarterly on a date set by the board. Board members shall be reimbursed for
necessary expenses incurred in serving on the board.
(5) The board may adopt rules governing the conduct of its meetings, the creation of
meeting agendas, and other procedural matters it deems necessary. The board may
adopt reporting forms, which shall be developed in consultation with participating
(6) The Office of the Attorney General shall:
(a) Enter into a memorandum of agreement with the Department of Public Health
of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, the Office of Alcoholic
Beverage Control in the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, and the
Department of Agriculture to identify and report possible violations of the
(b) Attempt to secure funding under the master settlement