YMCA Community Art School Art Instructor
Teach engaging and fun art class(es) for the YMCA Community Arts Program. Communicate regularly with Art
Coordinator about progress of class, supplies needed and other related information.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
If a regularly member of the staff, must attend YMCA employee trainings.
• Clear background check.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Work with the Art Coordinator to plan class(es).
• Possess planning and coordination skills to implement a successful class.
• Provide required materials, as requested (bio, information regarding the class, etc.)
2. Fiscal Responsibility
• Be mindful of class budgets and work to stay within agree-upon spending limits.
• Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of instruction method / technique.
• Knowledge of targeted student age group as evidenced by professional references, education,
experience and / or on-the-job performance.
• Be on time and prepared for class to start at the designated time.
• Provide set-up / clean-up and any other tasks, as arranged in advance.
• Effectively teach the class.
• Communicate direction / instruction to a class assistant, if available.
• Ensure a positive, fun, supportive and creative experience for all students.
• Evaluation forms will be given to and collected from each student at the end of class, and given to the
• Provide feedback to Art Coordinator.
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Direction of the YMCA: Understands and supports the mission of the
YMCA; displays the YMCA values of Caring, Respect, Responsibility and Honesty as well as displays
flexibility and the ability to accept change. Is willing to try new methods and make suggestions. Shows
a strong commitment to the YMCA, conveys enthusiasm for the YMCA and for his/her work.