Building Rental Instructions
This form must be completed and a copy sent, along with a copy of a certificate of liability insurance or
waiver, to the District Risk Management Office before the building rental can take place.
1. Building Rental Agreement. A Building Rental Agreement form must be filled
out by all individuals or groups renting District facilities unless their use is under an
Interlocal Agreement established by the Board of Education.
2 Additional personnel. Determination of additional personnel must be
documented on the Rental Agreement form and the renter must be charged the
personnel fees as outlined in the fee schedule rather than the actual wage the
person receives to assure the District is compensated for all benefits and costs
associated with employing individuals for all building rentals. All funds collected
for personnel costs must be remitted to the District.
3. SRO or other police officers. For activities which SROs or other police officers
are employed which cities will eventually bill the District, charge the renter the
actual wages as invoiced by the city.
4. Certificate of liability insurance. All renters must provide a certificate of liability
insurance or receive waiver of this requirement through the District’s Risk
Management Department. (402-5144) Must be attached.
5. Security/cleaning deposit. Determination of whether a security/cleaning deposit
is required is up to the principal or building administrator. If required, the deposit
should be paid in a separate check and deposited as any other payment. It should
not be “held” until the end of the rental period and then returned to the renter. If
no damage or unforseen clean-up is required after the rental, a refund check
should be issued to the renter. The principal or building administrator should
make the final decision of whether the full deposit should be refunded.
6. Labs, shops, etc. Computer labs, home economics rooms, science labs, shops,
etc. are not for rental. Use of