the European Communities
Case No COMP/M.1780 -
LVMH / PRADA / FENDI
Only the English text is available and authentic.
REGULATION (EEC) No 4064/89
Article 6(1)(b) NON-OPPOSITION
Also available in the CELEX database
Document No 300M1780
Rue de la Loi 200, B-1049 Bruxelles/Wetstraat 200, B-1049 Brussel - Belgium - Office: CORT150 7/48.
Telephone: direct line (+32-2)2956930, exchange 299.11.11. Fax: 296.43.01
Telex: COMEU B 21877. Telegraphic address: COMEUR Brussels.
COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES
To the notifying parties
Subject: Case No COMP M.1780 LVMH/Prada/Fendi
1. On 17/04/2000, the Commission received a notification of a proposed concentration
pursuant to Article 4 of Council Regulation (EEC) No 4064/891 by which Moët
Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (LVMH) and PRADA Holding B.V. (PRADA) acquire
the majority of the capital stock and voting rights of Fendi.
THE PARTIES AND THE OPERATION
2. LVMH is an international group of companies principally engaged in the production
and sale of luxury goods under world famous brand names. The company, whose
headquarters are in Paris, has operations around the world and is active in the
following sectors: wines and spirits, fashion and leather goods, fragrances and
cosmetics and selective retailing.
3. PRADA is a company based in the Netherlands active in international design,
manufacture, distribution and retail of luxury goods.
4. Fendi is an Italian group of companies principally involved in the design, creation and
distribution of luxury goods such as furs, clothing, leather goods, footwear and
accessories for two luxury brands, Fendi and Fendissime.
5. The proposed concentration concerns the acquisition by LVMH and PRADA of the
majority of the capital stock and voting rights of Fendi (Fendi S.r.L., Fendi Paola e
1 OJ L 395, 30.12.1989 p.1; corrigendum OJ L 257 of 21.9.1990, p. 13;Regulation as