Creating an Electronic Notebook
1. From the Start menu select Chem & Bio Office and then click on E-Notebook
2. Enter your username and password if prompted.
3. To create a Notebook, right-click your user at the top of the collection tree on the left. Select New,
Closing and Printing Notebook Entries
1. To close a Page so that it can no longer be modified, right-click the Page and the tree, and select
Close from the menu.
2. To Print, right-click the Page, and select Print from the menu. Then follow the print dialog box.
Using a Reaction Section
1. Make sure that the reaction tab is selected. (Click the reaction tab to select it).
2. To draw a reaction, click in the reaction box and use the ChemDraw tools.
3. The stoichiometry table is updated as you draw the reaction. To edit the table, type new values into
the cells, and the table will update automatically.
4. To add a reaction condition, right-click the table and select Add Property.
5. Right-click in the procedure text to access the AutoText menu.
Creating new Pages and Sections
1. To create a new Page, right-click the Notebook in the collection tree and select New, then Page.
2. To add a new section to a Page, click the Page in the collection tree. Then click the New Section but-
ton, and select the type of section you wish to add.
Using a Spectra Section
1. Make sure that the Spectra tab is selected.
2. Click the New Section button to add a new subtab for a Spectrum
3. Click the Import/Export button, and follow the dialog to select the spectrum to import.
Searching Notebook Entries
1. To perform a search, click the Search button at the top of the screen.
2. From the “Search for” list, select the type of search you wish to perform.
3. Enter your search criteria, and click Search Now.
1 800 315–7300
+44 1223 464900
00 800 875 20000
+49 69 2222 2280
0120 146 700
+33 1 70 71 98 80
IWE 09203 0705
L ife Science Enterprise Solutions