Service Repair Manual
330F Mobile Hydraulic Excavator
Product: MOBILE HYD POWER UNIT
Model: 330F MOBILE HYD POWER UNIT B32
Configuration: 330F Mobile Hydraulic Power Unit B3200001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7.1 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
C7.1 Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -UENR4468-15
Publication Date -01/06/2015
Date Updated -30/10/2018
Flywheel Housing - Remove and Install
SMCS - 1157-010
Removal Procedure of Type E Flywheel Housing
Tool Part Number
Guide Studs M10 by 100 mm
a. Remove the flywheel. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Flywheel - Remove" for the
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
1. There are five types of flywheel housing that can be installed on the engine. The removal
procedures for all types of flywheel housing are similar but all the installation procedures
Ensure that you use the correct procedure and the correct grades of bolts for your
2. Remove bolts (2) from Positions (X) in flywheel housing (3).
3. Install Tooling (A) into Position (X) to flywheel housing (3).
4. Install a suitable lifting device onto flywheel housing (3) to support the flywheel housing.
The weight of the flywheel housing is approximately 40 kg (88 lb).
5. Remove remaining bolts (2) from flywheel housing (3).
6. Remove bolts (1) from flywheel housing (3).
7. Use the lifting device to remove flywheel housing (3) from the cylinder block.
8. Remove dust seal (5).
9. If necessary, remove dowels (4) from the cylinder block.
Installation Procedure of Type