Surma Secret Spices Ltd.
161 Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe,North Lincolnshire. DN15 7NH.
Tel: 01724 335492 Fax: 01724 335492 firstname.lastname@example.org
1st stage (puree) 1. Cut 1 onion into 1⁄4 s, cut
3 tomatoes into 1⁄2 s, chop 1⁄2 green pepper,
ginger (pealed), 1 garlic cloves, green chilli and a
2. Put the above in a small pan together with 4
tbsp oil, 1⁄4 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water
(around 200/250 ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately
15-20 mins) stirring occasionally.
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into puree.
2nd stage 1. Cut the rest of the onion and green
pepper into inch cubes.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of oil on a frying pan on low heat.
3. Add 10g of paste and add the above onion and
green pepper, stir and leave to cook (covered) for 5-6
mins or until semi cooked (stirring occasionally).
4. When ready leave to cool ( lid open).
Final stage 1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) in
a median sized pan.
2. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, cardamom and the
bay leaves and slowly fry until the garlic is golden.
3. Add the Mr Huda’s Universal Curry Paste, chilli
powder and the rest of the chopped tomatoes cook
for 1-2 mins (stirring continuously).
4. Add the ready blended puree and cook for further
3-4 mins (stirring occasionally, covered).
5. Add the chickens with a little warm water (around
100-125 ml) and on full heat bring to boil and then
cook for around 3-4 mins (covered and stirring oc-
6. Back to moderate / low heat, leave to simmer
(covered) for 30 mins.
7. Add the ready prepared onion /green pepper
and bring to boil and cook for 2-3 mins (stirring
8. Leave to simmer (covered) for 15-20 mins
(stirring occasionally) or until the required moisture
(add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook
on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened
for thicker sauce).
9. Once cooking is nearly over add the chopped
coriander and leave the curry to settle for 10-15