Bentley Publishers, 1734 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1804 USA
Tel: 617-547-4170 • Toll Free: 800-423-4595 • Fax: 617-876-9235
Service Manual: 1998-2004
includes A6, allroad quattro, S6, RS6
Bentley Stock Number: A604
Publication Date: 2006.oct.13
Audi of America Lit. No. W42 AUDIA69804SM
Softcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
Case quantity: 5
964 pages, 1772 photos, illustrations and diagrams
Includes a 32 page color Audi A6 Familiarization section
Bentley Publishers is proud to announce the publication of the
Audi A6 Service Manual: 1998–2004. This repair manual
covers the 1998 through 2004 model year A6 and S6 models built on
the Audi “C5” platform.
The do-it-yourself Audi owner will find this manual indispensable as
a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you
have no intention of working on your car, you will find that reading
and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more
intelligently with a professional technician.
• Maintenance procedures from changing the oil to replacing the dust
and pollen filter. This manual tells you what to do and how and
when to do it.
• Step-by-step engine timing belt service.
• Cylinder head cover and crankshaft seal replacement.
• Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and
engine cooling fan and radiator service.
• Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations,
including three different Bosch Motronic engine management
• Clutch, flywheel and rear main seal service.
• Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear
shocks, coil springs, wheel bearings and wheels.
• Multi-link front suspension repair procedures, including stabilizer
bar link, control arm and axle boot replacement.
• Brakes, steering and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
• Heating and air-conditioning repair, inc