Service Repair Manual
130G MOTOR GRADER
Product: MOTOR GRADER
Model: 130G MOTOR GRADER 12W
Configuration: 130G MOTOR GRADER 12W01082-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3304 ENGINE
Disassembly and Assembly
3304B and 3306B Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -SENR5598-09
Publication Date -01/01/2013
Date Updated -25/01/2013
Cylinder Head - Install
SMCS - 1100-012
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Note: When the cylinder head is removed, a new spacer plate gasket must be installed. Refer to
Disassembly and Assembly, "Spacer Plate - Remove and Install".
1. Ensure that the surface of the cylinder head is clean and dry. Install a new dry cylinder head
gasket onto the cylinder block.
130G MOTOR GRADER 12W01082-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3304 ENGIN...
2. Fasten the proper lifting device to cylinder head (1). Put cylinder head (1) in position on the
cylinder block. Remove the lifting device after cylinder head (1) is positioned.
3. Apply clean engine oil to the threads and the washer faces of cylinder head bolts (2) and (3).
Install cylinder head bolts (2) and (3). Tighten the cylinder head bolts finger tight.
Note: Do not tighten the cylinder head bolts at this time.
4. Install pushrods (4). Make sure that the pushrods are installed in the original location and
that the pushrods are seated correctly in the valve lifters.
5. Loosen the adjusting screws on rocker arms (5) for valve clearance. This will prevent a bent
valve or a broken pushrod during installation.
6. Install a new O-ring seal in the rear rocker arm support.
7. Apply clean engine oil to all the rocker shaft bolts except bolt (25). Refer to illustration 5.
8. Put rocker shaft assembly (5) in position on the cylinder head.