CITY OF CAMAS
Union Status: None
ASSISTANT POOL SUPERVISOR
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the
class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under the direction of the Pool Supervisor, to assist in supervising and training lifeguards, water safety
instructors and pool aides; and to serve as the Pool Supervisor in the absence of same.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these
tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Provide assistance in supervising and training lifeguards, water safety instructors and pool aides in the
established policies, rules and regulations governing the use of pool facilities.
2. Assist in coordinating and reviewing the work plan for assigned pool services and activities; assign
work activities and projects; monitor work flow.
3. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities;
recommend and implement resulting policies and procedures.
4. Perform the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit including tallying and depositing
5. Assist in the requisition of supplies, materials and basic pool equipment repair and replacement.
6. Effectively handle employee and all patron grievances in a timely and proper manner according to
7. Serve as Pool Supervisor in the absence of same.
8. Function as a lead crew member within an emergency plan for the handling of accidents in pool areas.
AUXILIARY FUNCTION STATEMENTS
1. Follow all safety rules and procedures established for work area.
2. Assist in conducting special swimming and program activities at the pool.
3. Perform as lifeguard and/or water safety instructor as needed.
4. Maintain accurate records of all essential functions related to the job.