1. Which site and quadrant(s) did your team excavate? __________________________ _____
2. How many bones did your team find? ________
3. How many bones were found at your site? ________
Work with your team to reconstruct your skeleton before completing the rest of
4. What type of animal did you find? How did you determine this?
5. When your critter was alive, how big would it have been? (Be sure to include the
Length = _______ cm
Mass = ________ kg
(1 inch = 2.54 cm)
(1 kg = 2.2 lbs)
6. During which era and period did your critter live? (Use any index fossils you found
and the geologic time scale to help you.) Explain.
7. Describe the habitat where your critter lived. Be sure to include your evidence.
8. How did your critter die? Be sure to include your evidence.
9. Draw a sketch of your completed skeleton on the back of this worksheet. Shade in the
bones that were found by your team (as many as possible).
T. Trimpe 1999
Each team member must
complete this worksheet.