Number 13 of 1997
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT, 1997
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AMENDMENT ACT 2003
This Act may be cited as the Freedom of Information (Amendment) Act 2003.
The Freedom of Information Act 1997 and this Act may be cited together as the
Freedom of Information Acts 1997 and 2003.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
PRELIMINARY AND GENERAL
1. Citation and commencement.
4. Delegation of certain functions of heads.
ACCESS TO RECORDS
6. Right of access to records.
7. Requests for access to records.
8. Decisions on requests under section 7 and notification of decisions.
9. Extension of time for consideration of requests under section 7.
10. Refusal on administrative grounds to grant requests under section 7.
11. Deferral of access to records.
12. Manner of access to records.
13. Access to parts of records.
14. Review by heads of decisions.
15. Publication of information about public bodies.
16. Publication of information regarding rules and practices in relation to certain
decisions by public bodies.
17. Amendment of records relating to personal information.
18. Right of person to information regarding acts of public bodies affecting the person.
19. Meetings of the Government.
20. Deliberations of public bodies.
21. Functions and negotiations of public bodies.
22. Parliamentary, court and certain other matters.
23. Law enforcement and public safety.
24. Security, defence and international relations.
25. Conclusiveness of certain decisions pursuant to sections 23 and 24.
26. Information obtained in confidence.
27. Commercially sensitive information.
28. Personal information.
29. Procedure in relation to certain requests under section 7 to which section 26, 27 or
30. Research and natural resources.
31. Financial and economic interests of the State and public bodies.
32. Enactments relating to non-disclosure of records.