Page 1 of 3
cPanel Installation Guide
cPanel / WHM Prerequisites
Before installing it is crucial that Apache and PHP are compiled with the appropriate extensions to
support all of cast-control’s features.
1. Login to WHM
Under the “Software” Menu select “EasyApache” or “Apache Update” depending on your
version of cPanel.
Select “Previously Saved Config” or another profile only if you understand what you are
doing. Select “Start customizing based on profile”.
2. Continue leaving settings unchanged until you reach step “5. Short Options List”, scroll right
to the bottom and select “Exhaustive Options List”.
Under Apache Modules select “Mod suPHP”
Under Other Modules select the following “Ioncube Loader for PHP”.
Under PHP ensure the following modules are selected:
- Bcmath, BZ2, Curl, CurlSSL, CurlWrappers, FTP, GD, Mcrypt, Mhash, MySQL, OpenSSL, SOAP
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save and Build”.
4. Once completed, navigate to “Configure PHP and SuExec” from the WHM Side Menu.
Ensure your PHP Handler has selected “suphp” and select “Save New Configuration”.
Downloading Latest Cast-Control
1. Login to http://www.cast-control.net/billing/client_area.php
2. Navigate to “View your licenses”, find your license and select “View and Download”
3. Download the latest STABLE release for your operating system and make sure it is NOT a
Cluster version, this is something different.
Page 2 of 3
Upload & Configure
1. Login to cPanel as your domain user
2. Navigate to “File Manager” than to your public_html/
3. Select “Upload” from the above menu and continue to upload the .zip package you
downloaded from our website.
4. Once uploaded, Extract the contents and rename the directory “upload_and_rename” as
you desire. Once extracted, navigate into this directory.
5. Select the following files and directories and then select “Change Permissions”.