M. Tech. in Computer Engineering
Advanced Operating System
February 10, 2008
1 Theory Questions
1. Is it accurate to say that a synchronous event will occuar at the same
place every time a program is run?
2. Linux only records one outstanding instance of each signal. Investigate
the extensions introduced in POSIX.4 to overcome this defieciency.
3. How does Linux remember that a blocked signal is pending?
4. What is the difference between ignoring a signal and blocking it?
5. Decidein which scenarios you will use signals for communicating to the
(a) Someone tries to set the capacity of a PAssengerVehicle object to a
(b) A syntax error is found in a configuration file that an object uses to
set its initial value.
(c) A method that searches for programme-specified word in a string
array can not find any occurance of the word.