SECTION 00 -- GENERAL INFORMATION -- CHAPTER 1
A careful operator is the best operator. Most accidents can be avoided by observing certain precautions. To help
prevent accidents, read the following precautions before operating this equipment. Equipment should be oper-
ated only by those who are responsible and instructed to do so.
Carefully review the procedures given in thismanual with all operators. It is important that all operators be familiar
with and follow safety precautions.
1. Read the Operators Manual carefully before
using the tractor. Lack of operating knowl-
edge can lead to accidents.
2. Usean approved roll bar and seat belt for safe
operation. Overturning a tractorwithout a roll
bar can result in death or injury. If your tractor
is not equipped with a roll bar and seat belt,
see your New Holland Dealer.
3. Always use the seat belt. The only instance
when the seat belt should not be used is if the
roll bar has been removed from the tractor.
If a front end loader is to be installed, always
use a FOPS (Falling Object Protective
Structure) canopy to avoid injury from falling
5. Use the handholds and step plates when
getting on and off the tractor to prevent falls.
Keep steps and platform cleared of mud and
6. Do not permit anyone but the operator to ride
on the tractor. There is no safe place for extra
7. Keep all safety decals clean of dirt and grime,
and replace all missing, illegible, or damaged
safety decals. See the list of decals in the
Decal section of this manual.
SERVICING THE TRACTOR
1. The cooling system operates under pressure
which is controlled by the radiator cap. It is
dangerous to remove the cap while the
system is hot. Always turn the cap slowly to
the first stop and allow pressure to escape
before removing the cap entirely.
2. Keep any type of open flame away from the
tractor and do not smoke while refueling.
Wait for the engine to cool before refueling.
3. Keep the tractor and equipment, particularly