Service Repair Manual
C18 Industrial Engine
Product: INDUSTRIAL ENGINE
Model: C18 INDUSTRIAL ENGINE WRH
Configuration: C18 Industrial Engine WRH00001-UP
Disassembly and Assembly
C15 and C18 Industrial Engines
Media Number -RENR8630-07
Publication Date -01/11/2017
Date Updated -15/11/2017
Crankshaft Front Seal - Install
SMCS - 1160-012
Tool Part Number
Part Description Qty
Nut (Seal Installer)
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Note: The crankshaft front seal and the wear sleeve must be replaced at the same time. Once the
crankshaft front seal and the wear sleeve are separated, these components cannot be used again.
Note: Do not use any type of lubricant during the installation of the crankshaft front seal
and the wear sleeve.
1. Before installation of the crankshaft front seal and the wear sleeve, inspect the crankshaft
for scratches. Also, inspect the crankshaft for any distortion on the surface that may lead to
an out of round condition. Use a polishing cloth in order to remove any imperfections on the
2. Clean the outside diameter of the crankshaft.
3. Fasten Tooling (D) to the crankshaft with Tooling (E).
Note: Install the crankshaft front seal with the arrow that shows the direction of crankshaft
rotation toward the front of the engine.
4. Position wear sleeve (2) and crankshaft front seal (1) on Tooling (D). Install Tooling (G) on
Tooling (D). Lubricate the face of the washer on Tooling (F). Install Tooling (F) on Tooling
5. Tighten Tooling (F) until Tooling (G) contacts Tooling (D).
6. Remove Tooling (F) and Tooling (G) from Tooling (D).
7. Remove Tooling (E) and Tooling (D