CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
Job Title: Financial Administrator
Reports to (title): Director of Agriculture
The Financial Administrator is the head of the department’s Accounting Unit.
Duties are to plan, organize, monitor and control the financial activities of the department
and to ensure that all financial transactions are processed in accordance with the Public
Finance and Management Law.
To ensure that all accounting systems of the department are properly structured and are
managed in an efficient and timely manner.
• The post holder is responsible for preparing & managing, in consultation with the HOD, an
annual budget of over $4.5 million dollars.
• Direct supervision of three (3) officers- Accounts Officer II (A/P), Accounts Officer III (A/P)
& Accounts Officer III (A/R) in all financial matters.
• Responsible for data collection & analysis of expenditure trends for the preparation of
Capital & Recurrent Budgets.
• Oversees any payroll issues relating to payment of wages or salary for bi-weekly and
monthly employees, including pensions & salary deductions.
• Authority to approve purchase orders & validate invoice batches.
• Oversees the receipt, security and deposit of revenue.
• Provides advice and makes recommendations to the HOD.
To plan, organize, monitor & control the financial activities of the department
in consultation with the HOD. The post holder is therefore expected to:
• Oversee Accounts Payables & Receivable including revenue
• Oversee & monitor purchase order requisitions to ensure that they are
in accordance with the budget.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly and bi-weekly payrolls.
• Oversee month-end reporting requirements including the preparation
of monthly financial reports of Key Performance Indicators for the
Director of Agriculture and senio