EIGHT THINGS THIS BOOK WILL
HELP YOU ACHIEVE
1. Get out of a mental rut, think new thoughts, acquire
new visions, discover new ambitions.
2. Make friends quickly and easily.
3. Increase your popularity.
4. Win people to your way of thinking.
5. Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability
to get things done.
6. Handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your
human contacts smooth and pleasant.
7. Become a better speaker, a more entertaining
8. Arouse enthusiasm among your associates.
This book has done all these things for more than ten
million readers in thirty-six languages.
This Book Is Dedicated to a Man
Who Doesn’t Need to Read It:-
My Cherished Friend
Editorial Consultant: Dorothy Carnegie
Editorial Assistance: Arthur R. Pell, Ph.D.
SIMON AND SCHUSTER
Copyright 1936 by Dale Carnegie, copyright renewed © 1964
by Donna Dale Carnegie and Dorothy Carnegie
Revised Edition copyright © 1981 by Donna Dale Carnegie and
All rights reserved
including the right of reproduction
in whole or in part in any form
Published by Simon and Schuster
A Division of Gulf & Western Corporation
Simon & Schuster Building
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10020
SIMON AND SCHUSTER and colophon are trademarks of Simon & Schuster
Designed by Stanley S. Drate
Manufactured in the United States of America
17 19 20 18
Library of Congress Cataloging in Publication Data
Carnegie, Dale, 1888-1955.
How to win friends and influence people.
1. Success. I. Title.
to Revised Edition
How to Win Friends and Influence People was first published
in 1937 in an edition of only five thousand copies.